Connect4Kids (C4K) is a PTO sponsored parent group focused on supporting and enhancing the social and emotional learning of the Willard community.
C4K began in the fall of 2012 at Lincoln Elementary school and C4K at Willard Elementary began in the fall of 2017. Both Lincoln and Willard C4K groups meet regularly to share ideas and information about the best ways to service their schools together and independently. Willard C4K is a committee invested in the education and enrichment of Social Emotional Learning concepts. This committee seeks to create experiences related to SEL topics, and be a bridge connecting parents, teachers and students to these topics as well.
WHAT IS SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING?
Social and Emotional Learning (“SEL”) refers to the process by which children develop the skill sets involved in self awareness, social awareness, self management, relationship management and responsible decision making. These are skills that provide the foundation for school and life success.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF CONNECT4KIDS?
Willard C4K is dedicated to:
• Providing opportunities for parents to learn about SEL topics, mostly pertaining to issues related to children and parenting through parent discussions, book discussions, guest speakers.
• Developing SEL experiences for students, including Yoga.
• Understanding the needs of the community to create events in which SEL topics can be addressed. We welcome suggestions from parents, teachers and students.
• Providing access to information about SEL topics though our newsletter, Book Fair titles, helpful websites and professional speakers.
• Work with the principal on best practices to implement SEL methods
Our goals include finding more ways to enhance the Social and Emotional Learning for students and parents. We are open to ideas and suggestions from the Willard community. If you’d like to be a part of the committee or be involved in C4K, please reach out to Elizabeth Stoker.